COVID-19 Information Resources
13 March 2020
UPDATED: 9th June 2020 @ 12.30pm.
Personal Care and PPE:
Hand Hygiene Practices:
How to protect yourself and others from coronavirus
Follow this advice as strictly as possible and encourage others to follow this advice too.
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Wear appropriate PPE (see video on Donning & Doffing of PPE)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people – keep a distance of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and others.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups.
- Do not shake hands.
COVID-19 coronavirus general hygiene
How to handwash? With soap and water
HSE Guidance on the Appropriate Use of PPE in all healthcare settings:
Infectious Disease Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Guidance to Support Prioritisation of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Current recommendations for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the Management of Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Health Careworkers Infection Control Advice
The following video is from the National Ambulance Service (NAS).
The following two videos are from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This video demonstrates the procedures described in CDC guidance for donning or putting on personal protective equipment for people who use PPE in a healthcare setting.
This video demonstrates the procedures described in CDC guidance for doffing or taking off personal protective equipment for people who use PPE in a healthcare setting.
Wearing of Masks
- Guidance on the use of Surgical Masks in the Healthcare Setting in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Safe Use if Masks (Poster)
- Preliminary Guidance on Facial Hair and Respiratory Protection in the Healthcare Setting in the Context of COVID-19and other pathogens transmitted by the same route. Note: Link at the bottom of the attached guidance redirects to the Centre for Disease Control & Infection which outlines facial hairstyles that may impact on the function of respirator masks.
Guidance on NAS Patient Assessment / Interaction with members of the pubic.
- NAS Home Assessment COVID19 – Summary Document
- NAS Procedure – Home Assessment of Possible COVID – 19 Patients
- Flowchart – Possible COVID – 19 Case without Pre- Arrival Notification
- Patient information sheet for home isolation_v.2.0
Guidance on vehicle decontamination:
The PHECC Medical Advisory Committee
Guidance to practitioners and responders of all levels .
CORVID-19 Information Posters (various A4 & A3)
- Hand Hygiene poster (PDF 140KB)
- COVID-19 A3 poster Landscape (PDF 541KB)
- COVID-19 A3 poster (PDF 105KB)
- COVID-19 poster (PDF, 760KB, 1 page)