COVID-19 Information Resources
March 13, 2020
UPDATED: 25th March @ 15:20.
Current recommendations for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the Management of Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
The PHECC Medical Advisory Committee
Guidance to practitioners and responders of all levels .
Infectious Disease Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The HSE National Ambulance Service has produced this video (12:30) about the ‘Donning & Doffing Procedure for Infectious Disease Personal Protective Equipment’.
Guidance on interaction with members of the pubic.
- NAS Home Assessment COVID19 – Summary Document
- NAS Procedure – Home Assessment of Possible COVID – 19 Patients
- Flowchart – Possible COVID – 19 Case without Pre- Arrival Notification
- Patient information sheet for home isolation_v.2.0
- COVID-19 poster (PDF, 760KB, 1 page)
- Health Careworkers Infection Control Advice
Guidance on vehicle decontamination:
Hand Hygiene Practices:
How to protect yourself and others from coronavirus
Follow this advice as strictly as possible and encourage others to follow this advice too.
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Wear appropriate PPE (see video on Donning & Doffing of PPE)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people – keep a distance of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and others.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups.
- Do not shake hands.
COVID-19 coronavirus general hygiene
How to handwash? With soap and water
CORVID-19 Information Posters (various A4 & A3)
Hand Hygiene poster (PDF 140KB)
COVID-19 A3 poster Landscape (PDF 541KB)
COVID-19 A3 poster (PDF 105KB)