COVID-19 Information Resources
5 March 2021
Personal Care and PPE:
Hand Hygiene Practices:
How to protect yourself and others from coronavirus
Follow this advice as strictly as possible and encourage others to follow this advice too.
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Wear appropriate PPE (see video on Donning & Doffing of PPE)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people – keep a distance of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and others.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups.
- Do not shake hands.
COVID-19 coronavirus general hygiene
How to handwash? With soap and water
HSE Guidance on the Appropriate Use of PPE in all healthcare settings:
Infectious Disease Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Guidance to Support Prioritisation of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Current recommendations for the use of Personal Protective Equipment : Appropriate PPE for people working on the frontline
- Health Careworkers Infection Control Advice
This video demonstrates the procedures described in CDC guidance for doffing or taking off personal protective equipment for people who use PPE in a healthcare setting.
Wearing of Masks
- Guidance on the use of Surgical Masks in the Healthcare Setting in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Safe Use of Masks (Poster)
- Preliminary Guidance on Facial Hair and Respiratory Protection in the Healthcare Setting in the Context of COVID-19and other pathogens transmitted by the same route. Note: Link at the bottom of the attached guidance redirects to the Centre for Disease Control & Infection which outlines facial hairstyles that may impact on the function of respirator masks.
- Safe Use of FFP2 Masks Poster.final
Guidance on NAS Patient Assessment / Interaction with members of the public.
- NAS Home Assessment COVID19 – Summary Document
- NAS Procedure – Home Assessment of Possible COVID – 19 Patients
- Flowchart – Possible COVID – 19 Case without Pre- Arrival Notification
- Patient information sheet for home isolation_v.2.0
Guidance on vehicle decontamination:
The PHECC Medical Advisory Committee
Guidance to practitioners and responders of all levels .
COVID-19 Information Posters (various A4 & A3)
- Hand Hygiene poster (PDF 140KB)
- COVID-19 A3 poster Landscape (PDF 541KB)
- COVID-19 A3 poster (PDF 105KB)
- COVID-19 poster (PDF, 760KB, 1 page)
5 October 2022
29 September 2022
29 September 2022
20 September 2022