Defence Severe Weather Relief Efforts (Storm Barra), December 2021
9 December 2021
06 December – 09 December:
Civil Defence members in 5 units, utilising 4WD Vehicles, Vans, Trucks and a Unimog Support Vehicle, have been activated to assist in the areas worst affected by flooding and high winds.
- Kerry Activated on 9th December – Distributing water via water tanker in Castlegregory (no water mains supply); Activated on 7th December – assisted with emergency road closure in support of Fire Service who were making site safe after roof blew off garage in Tralee; Activated 6th December – Deploying sandbags to the Wetlands compound, Tralee.
- Dublin Activated on 9th December – Delivering supply of sandbags to COVID Test Centre; Activated on 7th December – Monitoring water levels in Clontarf and Sandymount and assisting with emergency road closures as required.
- Cork West Activated on 7th December – Transporting clinical staff nurse to deliver essential medication to palliative care patient in Bantry.
- Galway Activated on 7th December – Monitoring water levels in Galway Harbour and assisting with emergency road closures as required.
- Donegal Activated on 7th December – Deploying sandbags along residential and business premises in Donegal Town.