COVID-19 (2021 Report July-September)
7 October 2021
From 1st July to 30th September 2021 Civil Defence completed 821 COVID-19 related taskings while providing sustained support to communities throughout the country. Support was also provided to the Irish Blood Transfusion Service.
During the third quarter of 2021:
- A daily average of 17 Civil Defence volunteers provided a daily average of 88 volunteer hours.
- A total of 8,108 volunteer hours were provided over the 92 day period.
- A total of 821 individual taskings were undertaken in support to the Principal Response Agencies and the Irish Blood Transfusion Service.
- These volunteers were supported by a fleet of Civil Defence Vehicles including 50 four-wheel drive jeeps, 25 ambulances, 10 minibuses and 9 vans.
Civil Defence Taskings
Examples of the types of tasks undertaken by Civil Defence volunteers include;
- Providing administrative and first aid assistance at HSE Vaccination Centres,
- providing administrative assistance to the Irish Blood Transfusion Service,
- transporting persons to and from hospital appointments,
- transporting persons to and from testing centres,
- sorting and delivering COVID-19 test kits to test centres,
- collecting and delivering library books to vulnerable households,
- transporting elderly persons to and from Health Centres and Mass Vaccination Centres for vaccinations
- collecting foodstuffs from suppliers and bakers for food hub,
- delivering food parcels to vulnerable households,
- providing assistance to vulnerable persons within communities by delivering food, medications and collecting their pensions
30 November 2022
29 November 2022
23 November 2022
17 November 2022