Civil Defence – “Storm Desmond” Relief Efforts
December 7, 2015
Friday 4th December – Monday 7th December 2015
Civil Defence Units in 13 separate local authority areas activated.
185 Volunteers called out – Average of 15 deployed assisting in an area at any given time.
· Evacuation of People from flooded homes
· Transportation of evacuees (in 4x4’s)
· Water Pumping
· Filling & Deployment of Sandbags
· Traffic Control
· Monitoring of water levels
· Manning of Command & Control Units
· Transportation of home help to elderly
· Transportation of patients from Nursing Homes
· Distribution of Bottled Water
· Provided Hot Meals to those on storm relief duty