Civil Defence – COVID-19 Activities, July 2021
19 August 2021
From 1st July to 31st July 2021 Civil Defence completed 324 COVID-19 related taskings while providing sustained support to communities throughout the country. Support was also provided to the Irish Blood Transfusion Service.
During the month of July 2021:
- A daily average of 21 Civil Defence volunteers provided a daily average of 116 volunteer hours.
- A total of 3,587 volunteer hours were provided over the 31 day period.
- A total of 324 individual taskings were undertaken in support to the Principal Response Agencies and the Irish Blood Transfusion Service.
- These volunteers were supported by a fleet of Civil Defence Vehicles including 50 four-wheel drive jeeps, 25 ambulances, 10 minibuses and 9 vans.
Civil Defence Taskings
Examples of the types of tasks undertaken by Civil Defence volunteers include;
- Providing administrative and first aid assistance at HSE Vaccination Centres,
- providing administrative assistance to the Irish Blood Transfusion Service,
- transporting persons to and from hospital appointments,
- transporting persons to and from testing centres,
- sorting and delivering COVID-19 test kits to test centres,
- collecting and delivering library books to vulnerable households,
- transporting elderly persons to and from Health Centres and Mass Vaccination Centres for vaccinations,i
- collecting foodstuffs from suppliers and bakers for food hub,
- delivering food parcels to vulnerable households,
- providing assistance to vulnerable persons within communities by delivering food, medications and collecting their pensions
20 March 2023
9 March 2023
Civil Defence K9 Unit welcome new dogs and introduces first fully trained female handler
8 March 2023
Civil Defence & Local Authority Representatives at the Houses of the Oireachtas
8 March 2023